Tax Law Services
Tax Law Services From An Experienced Tax Attorney
Kennedy Law represents clients in matters involving the Internal Revenue Service, Minnesota Department of Revenue, and the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, as well as other general tax related matters. We can assist you with income, gift, and estate tax planning. We also provide legal consultation on income tax, sales tax, MNCare tax, payroll tax, and gift and estate tax matters.
Minimize Taxes & Maximize Profits
We are ready to put our background in tax law to work for you. You can expect practical advice and clear actions that will help to put you in the best possible position. We get to know our clients well in order to provide tax services that make a real difference. This approach often enables insightful solutions for whatever tax problem(s) or issues that our clients face, including:
- Abatement of Tax, Penalties & Interest
- Appeals From Audits, Commissioners Orders and Other Government Actions
- Audit Reconsideration
- Collection Due Process
- Collection Appeal Program Hearings
- Employment Taxes
- Exempt Status Disputes
- Freedom of Information Act Requests (FOIA)
- Income Taxes for both Individual and Business
- Independent Contractor and Employee Determination
- Innocent and Injured Spouse Requests
- Installment Agreements
- Levy Releases
- Lien Discharges, Releases, Subordination and Withdrawal
- Litigation for Federal and State Courts
- Officer Liability for Unpaid Sales, Employment and Unemployment Taxes
- Offer in Compromise
- Payment Plans
- Refund Claims and Suits for Refunds
- Residency, State and Federal
- Sales and Use Taxes
- Seizures and Sales
- Successor Liability When Purchasing or Selling a Business
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalties
Tax Planning & Preparation
No matter what problems you are facing, or what goals you need to accomplish, Kennedy Law can help. From immediate damage control, to innovative strategies for your protection, we know the options and the actions for straightforward, practical tax counsel.
We maintain a versatile, tax-savvy law office prepared to offer counsel and representation on virtually any individual income tax, sales tax, payroll tax, estate tax, or gift tax challenges that you may face. We also offer extensive business tax services, including:
- State and federal income tax, estate tax, gift tax, employment tax, and sales tax return preparation
- Tax audit representation
- Representation against tax debt collections actions, including the threat of tax liens and levies
- Services for non-filers of individual and business tax returns
- Comprehensive, resourceful estate planning
Business Tax Law
Kennedy Law provides legal assistance to businesses throughout the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Having started and operated several businesses from the “ground up”, attorney and founder Mike Kennedy has a business owner’s first hand knowledge of the issues and challenges faced by business owners.
Tax Audits and Payment Negotiations
If you have received notification of any type of federal or state tax audit, you may be alarmed about what the auditors will find, or simply need thorough preparation to handle the situation effectively.
Preparation for an audit can be critical, and we put substantial experience and resources to work removing the unpredictability that causes you stress. We will address, in clear language, what powers the government agency has and does not have, and your corresponding obligations and risks.
We have experience providing full-service audit representation, including dealing directly with the tax agency on your behalf, as well as extensive advisory services. In either case, we can offer a thorough review of your financial records and source documentation.